After two complete weeks of NFL action, some teams have lived up to their hype, others have exceeded their expectations and a few have fallen short. Week 2 in particular saw some improbable comebacks as well as huge meltdowns which sent teams barrelling up and down our rankings at great pace.
The Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions made big strides as they were able to level out their seasons to 1-1 with impressive wins over the Raiders and Commanders respectively. Taking a bit of a slide are the Indianapolis Colts who fell to 0-1-1 after being shut out by the Jacksonville Jaguars 24-0.
While a 0-2 or 1-1 start doesn’t mean much in terms of the grand scheme of the season, they can really set the tone as teams begin to find themselves. Heading into Week 3, these are our top 7 teams:
- Buffalo Bills- Still sitting at the top of the rankings, the Bills were impressive in their Monday night win against the Titans, 41-7. After their impressive 31-10 win against the Rams in Week 1, we will be looking at their game against the up and coming Dolphins in Week 3 for a good litmus test.
- Kansas City Chiefs- Despite losing key players in the off-season, the Chiefs have opened up the season 2-0 on the back of brilliant performances by QB Patrick Mahomes.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Bucs defense has been terrific to start the season, holding their opponents to 3 and 10 points in the first 2 games. With the consistent Brady at the helm on the offensive side, the Bucs should do very well in the regular season.
- Los Angeles Rams- Even though the Rams lost their season opener to the Bills, the defending Super Bowl champs still have everything it takes to repeat. The team won a close one against the Falcons in Week 2 where they almost let a big lead slip.
- Los Angeles Chargers- After claiming a cheeky win in Week 1, Herbert and the Chargers were unable to overcome the Chiefs in Week 2. The loss shouldn’t be a cause for alarm as the Chargers were right in the game until the very end.
- Miami Dolphins- Arguably the biggest surprise this season so far is the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins were able to pull off a miraculous comeback against a strong Baltimore Ravens team off the back of Tua Tagovailoa, Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek Hill. A big test will come next week as they square off against the Bills.
- Green Bay Packers- Looking like his old self, Packers QB Aaaron Rogers was able to make amends to their Week 1 loss to the Vikings by torching their division rival bears 27-10.